Thursday, February 4, 2016

Love That Farmhouse Denim

 
Everyone who loves DENIM raise your hand.
(Both of my hands are raised. . .grin)
 
I needed a pick-me-up for the FARMHOUSE this week. . .Something that promised Spring was coming. . .Something comfy and cozy feeling. . .Something utilizing what I already had on-hand.
 
I was thinking about this as I sewed up a few more MINI RAG RUG LOOM GIFT SETS for VALENTINE'S DAY. . .noticing that the ones I favored were SOFT DENIM BLUES. . .and suddenly realizing how nice those soft blues looked with neutrals. . .As we all know, denim can come in a lot of different shades. . .but MY STYLE appeared to be the softer hues.
 
 
Actually, my LOVE and RESPECT for DENIM has evolved gradually. . .
I was reminded with the gift bags that little by little
I had incorporated DENIM into my PLAIN AND SIMPLE FARMHOUSE STYLE all along  . . .
The difference this time was settling on the WORN AND FADED SOFT BLUES. . .
instead of a hodge-podge of colors. . .Maybe an occasional darker denim to make things interesting. . .MAYBE.
 
Sometimes an obvious idea is overlooked. . .DENIM CLOTHING has always been a huge favorite on our COTTON FARM. . .Denim IS made from cotton, you know. . .(duh--another no brainer I missed)
 
 
So. . .I began gathering together the worn, faded, frayed denims. . .stacked up in the sewing room. . .to see what I could do.
 
The FARMHOUSE BATH was the first to get a make-over. . .
It was the obvious choice since it already had SOFT BLUE WAINSCOTING. . .
 
 
Gertie and Mamie got new duds. . .mixing together LACE, LINENS, COTTONS, and DENIM. . .
Blue JARS. . .and denim tied SOAP. . .LOVED IT. . .
 
Moving on to the KITCHEN. . .another realization.. . .I already had a denim blue vintage bucket and a blue prim cabinet. . .
All I needed to do was add POPS OF DENIM to the room. . .
 
 
My enthusiasm grew. . .
INSPIRING me to make new(?) KITCHEN TOWELS to add to the mix. . .
Again, I grabbed possibilities close at hand. . .bought at yard sales last Summer.
 
 
There's NO RULE that we must buy our KITCHEN TOWELS. . is there?
If there is, then I'm a REBEL. . .
because this TOWEL was made from the back of a man's DENIM SHIRT. . .
and parts and pieces from others. . .LOVE IT. . .
 
 
I was on a roll. . .On to the living room for a few ACCENTS there. . .
as the entire house began to come together. . .
 
 
An afternoon spent. . .and see the results!!!
From now on, I'll be looking at the SOFT BLUE DENIMS in a different way. . .but will use them as ACCENTS. . .not as the primary focus. . .NEUTRALS continue to rule here. . .Yet. . .Simple POPS OF COLOR do freshen up the OLE' FARMHOUSE. . .
at no real cost. . .only a little elbow grease. . .
 
How about you?
Would DENIM DECOR work for you?
It's PLAIN. . .SIMPLE. . .and LIVING EASY APPROVED.
Worth considering?
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

Debby said...

Oh my, a lot of cuteness going on in this post. Love the soft denim and old linens.

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

the denim dress used as a duster? Love that! (why didn't I think of that?) These soft and washed denims you used are perfect. Would love to see more of that kitchen towel and the instructions for how you made it :)

Henny Penny said...

I love the look of faded denim too. Your special touches through the house are so pretty.. and I love the dish towel!

Debby Ray said...

I do love the soft, faded denim....except in my jeans I wear...I prefer the dark one (the slimming factor, you understand) :) I love your pops of soft denim and I want to rip those outfits right off of Gertie and Mamie and claim them for my own :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...