Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Black Tie and Blue Jeans: The Plan




I found it !!!! My Newest Farmhouse Style Label. . .
BLACK TIE AND BLUE JEANS !!!!!!!
My definition: RELAXED ELEGANCE. . .Light, bright and free flowing rooms using total opposites. . .Modern and Traditional. . .Sophisticated and Inviting. . .Elegant and Relaxed. . .Polished and Informal. . .
OR. . .to put it another way. . .(and I love this). . .
It's a GAP T-SHIRT WITH A FORMAL ARMANI SKIRT
(I read that somewhere.....)



If truth be told, I've been a Black Tie and Blue Jeans kind of gal most of my life. . .but never had such an amazing description of it. . .I'm comfortable in evening dresses as well as overalls. . . in heels or clogs. . .fancy hats or ball caps. . .and my fashion sense does seem to spill over into our Farmhouse Decor. . .This may not be a revelation to you. . .but it sure has been for me. . . I thought I was just 'different'. . .until I ran across a Traditional Home magazine and read about a kindred spirit with what they called Black Tie and Blue Jeans decor in her home. . .That set me thinking. . .

SOURCE



NATURE'S TEXTURES, RUSTIC ELEMENTS WITH SIMPLE STYLE, BLUE JEAN GRAYS AND WHITES

Now I have a PLAN, a NAME for it, and a DIRECTION to go. . .I've also fallen back into old habits. . .I do love Pinterest. . .for inspiration. . .but when it comes down to making a decor plan, I'm 'Old School'. . .Give me a super-sized artist tablet, a bundle of favorite magazines, scissors, tape, glue stick and I'm happy. . .

SOURCE

My goal is airy and open simplicity of contemporary style mixed with the elements of a traditional farmhouse home. . .and I have some ideas of how to do that. . .new ideas that come from my BLACK TIE AND BLUE JEANS heart. . .




SOURCE


WHITEWASH AND MILK PAINT

There will be a lot of tweaking going on the rest of this year. . .but I'm excited about it. . .I can view the finished product in my mind's eye. . .and it will be fun to see it come about. . .So. . .Hold on tight. . .We're off on another 'ADVENTURE'. . .

NATURALS AND 'BLACK TIE', BLUE JEAN GRAYS AND WHITE

In the meantime. . .look over my plans and see what you think. . .

SOURCE

AN ADDITIONAL NOTE: It seems months to me since my last post. . .Right after I published it, we lost the phone line and the DSL internet service. . .Took almost a week to get that back. . .Then my computer stopped working. . .and the cell phone 'fried' from four viruses. . .Then when we thought we could relax a little, we had tornadic winds hit us one morning before sun-up. . .I dreaded to see the damage once it was daylight. . .It turned out that we only lost the shingles on one roof of the third shotgun house, which is scheduled to be re-roofed anyway. . .and some minor damaged to the rafters of the big barn. . .and smaller items blown everywhere. . .It took a while to secure all. . .I think we're back to normal. . .but who knows?. . .It's 'life as usual' for us. . .so I'm sure there's more on the horizon. . .We take it all in stride. . .and maybe it's the inspiration for me to make what I can control in life a little more simple and not as complicated. . .instead of too much clutter and chaos. . .It's not only the decor I'm striving to simplify, it's a personal thing, too. . .If I've learned anything in my lifetime, I've come to see that if you really live life as it is intended, there will be change and a sense of evolving. . .This year should be fun and bring on more changes. . .as I tweak our FARMHOUSE HOME. . .and our 'here at the farm' life. . .

SOURCE




4 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

I like your description of your farmhouse style and will enjoy seeing the progress you share in the months ahead. I'm sorry about the tornado damage which must be so terrifying. I'm grateful we don't have to deal with them up here. It sounds like you'll be busy decorating, painting and tweaking your decor. Have fun!

lala said...

This all sounds very exciting and it's wonderful when you can finally hone in on a style that you know you will love and enjoy. I remember reading the phrase gap t shirt and Armani skirt, and I think it was in reference to the outfit actress Sharon Stone once wore to the Oscars.

Old Time Cindy said...

Girl, you are always up to something! Sending hugs

essay best said...

Well, nice label.:) And your story behind this is also very interesting and exciting. Thanks that you share your inspirations. I wish you very good luck to your future accomplishments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...