Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Farmhouse Breezeway Porch

SOURCE: Southern Living Magazine on Pinterest

Our new BLACK TIE AND BLUE JEANS porch?
I WISH. . .
But. . .the wish for a non-cluttered, useful breezeway porch 
WILL come true in the next couple of months. . .





Isn't this a mess? . .Our back enclosed porch (breezeway) seems to be where we put the cast-offs. . .the projects we're working on. . .the household extras. . .Not very welcoming, is it?
Most visitors come through the breezeway to the back door. . .At times it's plum embarrassing. . .and I'm in the mood to change all that. . .
The incentive is a new stainless steel grill that was given to us by a friend. . .We plan to build a deck out the side door of the breezeway and put the grill there. . .which means. . .we need to be able to get to that door!!! 

We Southerners love our porches. . .There's no denying that. . .so I'm making my plans that will give us the opportunity to enjoy our breezeway as something other than a storage room. . .I found lots of inspiration at Pinterest. . .but can't decide on the plan. . .Obviously, I'll have to work with the furniture that must remain. . .and to make it workable for our needs. . .I'd like to continue with the palette I've chosen for the house. . .at BLACK TIE AND BLUE JEANS: THE PLAN. . .so I've picked a few ideas that I thought might work from my PINTEREST BREEZEWAY PORCH BOARD . . .See what you think. . .If you want to 'vote' for one. . .please do. . .
These are my top two. . .but things could change, you know. . .


Yet. . .I love the 'coolness' of a Blue Jeans palette, too. . .

SOURCE: Southern Living Magazine on Pinterest


SOURCE: Southern Living Magazine on Pinterest

Maybe just touches of 'Blue Jeans' with the Black Tie?

SOURCE: Southern Living Magazine on Pinterest


SOURCE: Southern Living Magazine on Pinterest

And then there are the accessories. . .and which details to choose. . .


Yes. . .we're adding more work on ourselves when we have the entire house indoors to freshen up and remodel. . .but I was thinking that with Summer coming along and  the promise of more outdoor grilling, the breezeway porch should be the first to get a face lift. . .so that we have some kind of haven. . .a place to relax and enjoy as the work indoors (and outdoors) continues. . .It will be worth the extra effort. . .because. . .like I said. . .

We SOUTHERNERS do love our PORCHES. . .


 



3 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

I think all the pictures are far too modern for your look and feel! Wicker pieces,rockers red and blue gingham ! Rustic ! Some antique touches ! Green ivy plants in Tera cota ! and old rustic looking lanterns! I can see it now! What do you think !?

srpprcrftr said...

We lived in KY for 5 years so do know what you mean about porches. When our oldest son bought our place there, he redid it, added wonderful good sized porch on front of house, I still miss that porch to this day.
How I loved decorating, rearranging and enjoying it. Still miss land and house. Weather just didn't agree with me in KY but there was much I loved there. After all son's hard work on house, inside and out, we felt bad about leaving, selling place.
Son doesn't live there any more either, got divorced, moved back to San Diego, bought a place about mile from where we lived there. Now his youngest son lives with him but is having hard time adjusting to living in CA. Very different thinking, behaving from KY.
Your porch will be fantastic, looks like you have a lot to work with on your porch. Can hardly wait til post showing us your porch, enjoy it. Have wonderful rest of week

Angie Berry ~ A Vintage Journey said...

New follower here. Sometimes Pinterest is not good in that it gives us TOO many choices, lol! But I hope you're able to narrow it down. I'm not good at that at all so I'm sorry... no help from me. What little I've seen of your place so far, I know whatever you do will be beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...